TEAM SAILING SAMPLE AGENDA
- Tour and familiarization of the boat
- Safety procedures and equipment locations
- Basic terminology and parts of the boat
OUT ON THE WATER
- Crew responsibilities and functions
- Communication, verbal and hand signals
- Maneuvering the boat. Teamwork skills
- Physics of sailing. Basic knowledge of wind, water and machine
- Putting it all together. Team dynamics and sailing the Diamond of Doom
BACK AT THE DOCK
- Evaluate your teamwork. What worked? What didn’t? Why?
- How could you improve as a team?
FEES & SCHEDULES
- Half Day (Approximately 4 hours)
- Full Day (Approximately 7 hours)
- Catered Lunches (Optional)
Call 801.636.5204 for pricing.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Sailing in different weather conditions is part of the learning experience. Certain aspects of on the water training can be administered while safely at the dock.
Bonneville School of Sailing reserves the right to cancel in case of inclement weather. Inclement weather is determined based on the criteria of safety and comfort and is generally defined as:
- Persistent, rainy conditions (not a passing shower)
- Thunderstorm/lightning activity which cannot be avoided safely under sail.
- High winds (threat of micro-burst activity) or high wave conditions which would make sailing unsafe.
If Bonneville cancels we will reschedule the cruise or lesson.
A deposit of 50% of the course fee is required to reserve class/cruise dates. We accept MC/Visa over the phone. Checks are also accepted. Balance of course fees
will be payable upon boarding. In the event of cancellation, your deposit will be refunded if written notice is received a minimum of 14 days in advance of your course date. If less than 14 days notice, your deposit will be refunded if we are able to obtain a substitute booking. There is a $ 35.00 cancellation fee.
(Exceptions may be made if the cancellation is due to illness or injury)